Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Bettendorf Economics Blog: Should punishments for cheating in school be harsher? (due Tues., April 18)

Bettendorf Economics Blog: Should punishments for cheating in school be harsher? (due Tues., April 18)

Cheating in school is a major problem, with most students end up using it as a last resort. But at least with Bettendorf High School, we have a two-strike method with the first offence meaning a slap on the wrist, and the second offence being a little harder slap on the backside. Well at least we get the little slaps, unlike some schools like Lowel High School, where the policy is if you are caught plagurising once-kicked out of the class. If we were to start with that and then bump it up even higher to a expulsion, I doubt any kid would even concider cheating.

Now me being a highschool student myself, Cheating has been something I involved myself with once or twice now. Cheating really is just a way to quickly put one of those annoying missing assignments behind you, especially when they keep stacking up. Students who get their assignments from a friend probably didnt actually cheat, but they probably did the assignment together with their buddy in class-talking and chatting away.

My opinion on all of this is that if you can handle taking the zero, then why not risk it? You bascially have two choices, one is keep your morality and do the assignment or just take the assignment from a buddy. Now, I still feel that cheating is wrong and I dont noramlly use it because i would just rather do the assignment. And that way, low risk low reward, I can guarentee my spot at Harvord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.